Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kahne Prepares For First Race After Knee Surgery




While other drivers were vacationing and enjoying their time away from the race track, Kasey Kahne was recovering from knee surgery on his off-week. The Red Bull Racing driver tore the meniscus in his left knee when he slipped while working out. The seemingly innocent slip tore an earlier repair in November that was a result of a basketball injury last year.



Back in the car for the first time since the surgery on April 18, Kahne is not walking with a visible limp and does not believe it will affect him in the race car Saturday night.

“I hope it doesn’t, but it’s still a little bit sore,” Kahne said. “I think it may be sore throughout the race, but really as far as affecting the speed or the way that the race plays out, I don’t think it will affect that at all.”


Trying to put off surgery, Kahne knew he was in trouble as the pain persisted throughout the early season.

“You should have seen me at Bristol,” he said. “I couldn’t even walk for like 10 minutes after the race. It feels better than all that now. It’s only been a week – 10 or 11 days. And, it already feels better. I’m glad I got it fixed. I needed to. I was tired of limping.”

No comments:

Post a Comment